Frameless glass shower panels are a minimalistic and low maintenance alternative when you’re thinking about your next shower screen enclosure.
But in our experience, it’s not the best option for everyone. That’s why the experts at Shower Enclosure Service have put together this blog about the advantages and disadvantages of frameless glass shower panels, to assist with your decision-making process.
Pros and Cons of Frameless Glass Shower Panels
Pros of Frameless Glass Screens
- Easy on the eye and are unobtrusive, so they don’t take the focus away from other features in the bathroom
- Creates a seamless and open space
- Can divide up the bathroom into numerous sections
- Simple to clean. Some guidance on caring for your shower screen can be found here.
- Durable and long-lasting as they’re made from thick, 10mm clear toughened glass
Cons of Frameless Glass Screens
- Not as effective at keeping water inside the shower space compared to other fixed panel or enclosure alternatives
- You may need a brace bar or plate installed
- The installation process is more complicated (we explain more about this below!)
- Tend to be more expensive than semi-frameless or framed options
If you’re still hoping for a fixed panel screen in your bathroom, but you don’t think frameless is the right choice, you can view our other alternatives here.
How are frameless glass shower screens installed?
Frameless shower enclosures, including frameless fixed panels are trickier to install than other styles.
Often it takes two technicians to install a frameless screen, and it can be a two-part process which occurs over two site visits.
*NB: Two trips are not often required for single panels
If you’re renovating your bathroom or building from scratch Shower Enclosure Services offers a stylish and affordable option for shower screens and mirrors in Brisbane.
Our professional team will create custom shower screens or mirrors to suit any taste and budget, with all of our products being made to measure at our Lawnton factory.
We cater to Brisbane, up to the Sunshine Coast and down to the Gold Coast, and have a range of options available to freshen up your bathroom, including sliding screens, framed, semi-framed, semi-frameless and frameless.
For an onsite measure and quote call us today on 07 3205 6066 and will work with you to determine what new look is best for your space.