Are you considering installing frosted glass shower doors in your bathroom?
In this blog, we run through the pros and cons of this option and explain our process for this kind of shower enclosure.
Frosted Glass Shower Doors: Pros and Cons
To achieve the frosted look, our glass supplier uses the method called acid-etching.
This means one side of the glass panel is treated with acid to achieve a frosted appearance.
Pros of Acid-Etched Shower Screen
The primary reason people choose frosted glass over another type is to boost privacy while they’re in the shower.
Other people just prefer the look of an opaque shower door.
Also, we can order acid-etched glass to suit every shower configuration, including:
- Bath panels and
- Sliding shower doors
Cons of Acid-Etched Shower Screen
There are also disadvantages to choosing an acid-etched or frosted screen.
For instance, acid-etched glass is highly prone to marking and requires more maintenance.
Every time your body touches the screen it will leave a mark, as dirt and natural body oils can become trapped inside the etchings.
Therefore, this type of screen requires more attention than simply wiping it down, as with standard toughened glass.
To eliminate this issue, you can have your acid-etched glass treated with Enduroshield.
Acid Etched Shower Screen: Our Process
- Get in touch: Make an appointment for an onsite measure and quote by calling our team on (07) 3205 6066 or sending us a message here.
- Discuss your options: Once we’ve seen your space, we can share our recommendations about design options that will work and ones that won’t.
- Decide on your screen: When you have decided what type of frosted glass enclosure you’d like, we will provide a quote.
- Acid-etching carried out: Our glass manufacturer carries out the acid-etching before delivering the glass to us.
- Glass cut to size: The glass is cut to the correct measurements and toughened at our Lawnton factory.
- Installation: The final step is for your new shower screens to be installed at your property! Learn more about our installation process here.
If you’re renovating your bathroom or building from scratch Shower Enclosure Services offers a stylish and affordable option for shower screens and mirrors in Brisbane.
Our professional team will create custom shower screens or mirrors to suit any taste and budget, with all of our products being made to measure at our Lawnton factory.
We cater to Brisbane, up to the Sunshine Coast and down to the Gold Coast, and have a range of options available to freshen up your bathroom, including sliding screens, framed, semi-framed, semi-frameless and frameless.
For an onsite measure and quote call us today on 07 3205 6066 and will work with you to determine what new look is best for your space.